Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sacrifice

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it..." (Ephesians 5:25)

In the spirit of being Christ for our wives, we must remember to put her above ourselves. "What do I want" should not be a question asked until the effect it will have on her is duly thought out. "What can I do for her?" This is what we should ask ourselves on a regular basis. Many husbands tend to put their own wants and desires above what she wants, or what needs to be done. This is one of the reasons wives "rule the roost" in America today. Men have too many "fun" activities to indulge in, and more often than not, responsibilities get left to the lady at home to tend to. And what's sadder than that is, many men have let it happen without a second thought. What men must keep in mind is that we are to cherish her, this doesn't mean going off to the races and leaving her with all the kids. God has given us the woman and it is up to us to protect and take care of her. This includes her feelings, wants, and desires too. Sacrifice your wants to allow her happiness to grow, Christ sacrificed his life for us, the least we can do is sacrifice a football game for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog.

Congrats on your newest bundle of joy!

If you think of me would you pray.

I am separated from my husband at this time.

There was much spiritual abuse as well as verbal, emotional and mental.

In this blog you bring up a wife's desires, feelings, and wants.
When ever I would express these things, I would be told, feelings are not important, and my desires were selfish. I was told that all I thought of was myself and if I expressed a desire it was dismissed.
My husband could not look me in the eye or provide any emotional support or connection.
All he can see in my leaving is I am being disobedient to God. He cannot see or is not willing to admit his contribution.
He refuses to be accountable in anyway to others in the body that might be able to help. He has not shown that he is teachable in anyway.
He knows the scriptures forward and backward and uses them to debate and coerce in any communication we have.
He is at this point a very thick brick wall. Doctrine trumps everything else and I beieve his doctrine is without wisdom or understanding.

Not sure if this is the right platform to ask for prayer. But I am in need of wisdom and encouragement from the Lord. I also am praying for the light to come on in my husbands heart.

Thank you,
JMJ